Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Carver's 2nd Birthday

I'm overdoing it a bit on my first blogging day, but I gotta show off pictures from my boy's 2nd birthday party this weekend. It is official - I have a 2 year old. Really am wondering what life was like before. Well, I remember. I slept better and had way more down time. But I was living in ignorant bliss of the purest joy life had in store for me.
On to the birthday party.....it was at Kiddie Acres's Amusement Park, and old Austin favorite (and I mean 40 years old, seriously). This place caters to toddlers and I can't tell you how perfect it was for Carver and his buddies. Check out the kids enjoying rides on the airplanes, boat, cars and even a real horse. I had a big, fat tear well up in my eye when I caught sight of Carver riding the horse. No fear for my timid boy, just smiles and in awe. I had a *moment.* Enjoy the pics.















4 comments:

  1. YES! Finally!! So excited you are doing this, I am going to add you to Anneke's blog right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are blogging!!! I can't get enough of sweet Carver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I about wet my pants when I saw the Max and Ruby cake. Hysterical.
    And--can you believe he's 2??????? I mean really! I vividly remembering us emailing long paragraphs about sleep training when he was just a tiny one. Remember that? I can't believe he's two! And not to burst your bubble or anything, but having only one child (especially one that's 2 or older) is so EASY. ;) Now that I have a newborn again, I realize it! Sooooo, moral of the story, enjoy your time with just one because it is easier than it seems!
    Not to sound preachy, I'm just going through an adjustment period with two kiddos.
    Happy Birthday, Carver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Max and Ruby cake! Where on earth did you get that made? Such a fun party! Happy Birthday to Carver!

    ReplyDelete