Thursday, August 13, 2009

The baker in me

So I'm really into baking all the sudden. Don't know if it's just a creative outlet or something to do as I am a list-type person, but either way, I have found baking to be easier for me than cooking. That's weird, too b/c everyone tells me baking is harder. How? Follow the directions to a "T" and there you have it. With cooking, you gotta put a lil' of this spice and dash of that and blah blah blah. My chicken always comes out tasteless unless it calls for a couple cups of cheese.
Sooooooooooooo....I'm into the cookies and bread thing so far. Don't get me wrong - I haven't experimented much AT ALL, but I'm about to be big time. Tonight, Carver and I made a cookie recipe I found online called something like "best chocolate cookies ever." I don't know about all that, but they were dang good. I patted myself on the back after my husband, the household cook who thinks crab stuffed lobster is a regular weekly dish, ate 2 cookies and said how good they were. So here are some pics - oh and don't you know in the flash of the camera they just look like miniature burger patties, but I promise they were prettier in person and even more importantly- tasted delicioso! Check it out for yourself.


Um, seriously, these look like ground beef but I promise it's not
Getting a little playful


Say "cheeeeese"


Can I have one yet, mom?


2nd batch coming out


2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I totally thought they were hamburger patties. :)
    Now you need to post the recipe! yuum

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious! they do look like hamburger patties but i believe you that they were tasty! you know i love me some chocolate chip cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete