Monday, May 3, 2010

Gilbert's 39th

Heaven forbid I take pictures of an actual birthday "party." There were 2 homemade signs from Carver & I wishing Gilbert the happiest of 39th birthdays, his favorite carrot cake from Central Market, a few gifts & of course a happy birthday song. After the family sized "party," we did what the birthday boy really wished for....headed to the hill country. We went to Pedernales Falls State Park. Packed a bag with Carver's spiderman fishing rod, a few sandwiches, and plenty of water.
Carver loved every second of our "hike" - envision 1mph walking speed so we can stop and pick up e.v.e.r.y single rock along the way. We then made the trek down to the river and what a sight it was. Best time of year in Texas. The flowers were blooming, the water was flowing. It was a perfect half day at the park, followed by a picnic lunch.


First feel of water on his feet

Daddy sharing the skills of casting the rod


"I got a big one, it's a real big fish!" (verbatim)

Just like his mama, loves to dig his tootsies in the sand.
Daddy enjoying the peace & quiet of the river


I'll hold this fake smile as long as you hurry to take the picture..

All that walking called for a snack.
Love to look at those skinny little legs in his undies...

I didn't think it was time for his swim trunks yet but the boy was ready...

Walking back up the trail

View of the flowers with river in background





After falling asleep on the way home, I carried him to bed.
How peaceful is he?
Happy birthday to my "big" boy, Gilberto!
xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. 2nd to last photo - I thought you were wearing a necklace with a big ole gold plate of the date on it. I can't believe it even crossed my mind. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete