Friday, April 16, 2010

Movin' On Up

There is a big boy who resides in our house. No longer a baby. He is moving on up to a big boy room and plans are underway. Here's a sneak peek.....



Enter at your own risk...


View from the doorway

Yes this is a very bright blue...I think I should've spent a little more time on the color


Trains, trains, trains...





Testing out the side rail


Curtains are up...every boy must be in darkness for naptime



Oh what fun mommy is having shopping for this big boy room..

and this is no cliche, this boy can hit a ball!


Bookshelf awaiting its occupents


Now it's just time to do a little more shopping (poor me), hang some stuff on the walls then..
move in...tentative date scheduled for next weekend...more to come.

On another note, the Paci Fairy unexpectadely visited our house 2 days ago. After buying the book, Carver jumped up and wanted to collect all paci's in the house and leave for the Fairy..in exchange for a toy of course. Mommy was not mentally prepared for this day at all..I always envisioned I would plan it a month in advance, heck I already had that month picked out. But I went with it. I was scared. Nervous. Anxious. Okay, I was an emotional wreck for my baby boy!

Night 1 was brutal. I felt I was comforting an addict in withdrawal as I rubbed his back, sang to him & denied him his paci's...the fairy had already taken them to the babies in the world after all. I think we slept about 3 hours all night long. No nap that day either.


Day 2: A little whiney, not noticeable. Looked for paci 1 time and never mentioned it again. Slept ALL night long last night - no problems. Took his 2 hour, typical nap today - no problem. Are you kidding me? For 3 years this has been a fundamental part of his existence..or so I thought?

I guess it was harder for me to let go.....

I'm so stinkin' proud of this boy. Words can't express. Amazing.


I think I want to do this, right?



Hurry, mom, I want a toy from the Paci Fairy!


"OH MY gosh, mom...it's the biggest truck I ever seen."

-Carver Chavez


YOU DID IT BIG BOY!

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess no need for encouragement!!! I'm so sorry that I just read your comment TODAY!!! Day two is the trick:-) and then day 3 and on go better and better. Being a parent is really really hard but I'm SO proud of you and your big boy. You email me any time honey! Love u:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on getting rid of the paci! Your dental hygiene buddy thanks you for doing so! Impressed it went so quickly. I about spit out my drink when I read that you were comforting an addict in withdrawal. Sorry for all that. Love the new room!

    ReplyDelete