Wednesday, August 4, 2010

North Carolina Reprieve

This past weekend I took a last minute, quick trip to visit my parents in North Carolina ALL BY MYSELF. Yep, I flew alone with nothing but a carry-on backpack, no DVD player or goldfish in tow. Just me, a backpack & a very heavy novel.

Just love the guest room (suite) as I savored sleeping & waking on my own time
Still daddy's little girl no matter how old I get!

Marlyn sending us off for our foggy, misty boat ride to lunch
(and no, I am not complaining about the 70 degree temps!)

And some ducks to greet us as well
I just can't get over the size of mom & dad's next door neighbor's house...
and I somehow skipped downloading the view of mom & dad's from the lake
Mom practicing her driving skills

Never tire of this view




We boated to the country club to eat lunch.
I haven't driven the whole course but as you can see from this hole, it's truly beautiful.
This is our view sitting on the porch eating lunch.
We sat here and the flowers everywhere are so bright & alive!


Not to mention the size of a typical hydrangea bush in these parts..
Most my time was spent on this very sofa...
Missing mom & dad already!
Thank you for such a wonderful trip & always welcoming me,
"home" is truly where you are.

3 comments:

  1. That trip sounds wondeful! What a beautiful place that is. I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A TREAT! I love your parents and seeing where they live is such fun. What an amazing place for you to get to visit! Can we all go sometime? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks awesome! I want to go there and hang with Janet and Harry and Jenny and eat tostinos pizza!

    ReplyDelete